Liz and Katherine have been stitching the fish including this beautiful one above, which I don't think it is even finished yet!
Joan L is working on the otter, he is filled with very neat rows of chain stitch but is still to have his face applied.
Joy and Elizabeth have been working hard to fill in the men's tops with stem stitch.
I have been working on the woman's 'belt' and her skirt. The belt was something she wore around her waist for gathering nuts and berries. I thought it would be good to accentuate the folds of the belt by using different textures, and as they would only have animal skins to wear, I thought I would try some fur 'trim'! It's worked in a sort of 'carpet' stitch with loops that you trim afterwards.
I've realised that the quickest, most efficient way to fill these large areas is with couching. So that's what I've done with the large areas of the belt and the scarf.
I've just realised that I forgot to take a photo of the whole panel this time. Sorry!
Just about every bit of it is finished or started except for the giant polar bear. That's what we are moving on to next, with a meeting tomorrow night to discuss how to tackle it.
Once the centre bit is finished we then have to individually fill up the 'boxes' around the edge.
And everything has to be finished by June 23rd - eeeeek!