The Great Tapestry of Scotland that I blogged about here.
Our group of 12 stitchers have been working hard and the animals are starting to fill in now.
This is how far the aurochs had got before my recent session. I really wanted to get it finished! But I had been working on it mostly at night (and even in the day it has been so dark recently!), and I had failed to notice that I had started off using a lighter and a darker grey (left hand side of beast) but at some point had carried on with the lighter grey and a slightly darker grey (middle and to right)! I only noticed this in daylight, and was quite despairing! Anyway Liz and Gillian were on hand to help me that day and together we came up with a solution...
And stitch I did, until my fingers bled and I got the b***** aurochs finished! Hurrah! (Except for the horns *sigh*) but at least they are started.
After not being too sure about him the whole way through, I am now very pleased and proud with the way he has turned out. The photos don't really do the panel justice, hopefully one day you will all be able to see it in the flesh (as long as you come to Scotland!).
The panel's now with Liz and Katherine who are working on the fish, and next I'm moving on to the cave woman's hair.
If anyone is interested in more info about the project, here's a post from another Scottish blogger whose working on panel no 155, with just 1 other person! Very impressive stitching Starfish!