Wednesday, 8 December 2010
Cathedral Window Pillow
I spent all week at home (and yesterday from this week!), so apart from all the to-ing and fro-ing to the airport, I have had lots of time to start or even finish new projects. In fact I made so much I will have to keep some for future posts!
hexie ball for a baby, a present for my sister (secret), and the quilt top and back for my Christmas Star quilt for the Quick Christmas Bee! Phew! I have some lovely photos of the quilt top in the snow but I will make you wait a few days for these. In the meantime here is another project I managed to start and finish.
Do you remember that lovely vintage linen haul that I bought a few months back? I wrote about it here. Well apart from including a few pieces in my patchwork cushions, I haven't really found the right project to show off the range and beauty of the antique embroidery. But I thought cathedral window could work really well.
Hyena In Petticoat's. This one seemed to use slightly less of the background fabric than some of the others. Because I didn't know I would be starting this I didn't have the right supplies in. So I decided to use a vintage pillow case for the white background fabric.
If I tried this again using new fabrics I would definitely machine it. It isn't perfect by any means but I think the effect is lovely with the gorgeous embroidery peeping through each 'window'.